Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Messiah in Tel Aviv?

This is the kind of headline you might expect to see in a magazine at a grocery store checkout line! But the story is from a legitimate online news source. A 31-year-old Russian immigrant to Israel is claiming to be the Messiah. How did he receive this revelation? "One year and two months ago I was an ordinary person and then a snake bit me in Bethlehem. And then I started to see God."

The story brought to mind Jesus' description of events leading up to His Second Coming. "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many....At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There he is!' do not believe it" (Matt. 24:4-5, 23).

This is just one more link in a chain of false messiahs...with more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, he has got to be the Messiah. . .He looks like the Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar!! :-)

    ReplyDelete